Become a Volunteer
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre (WOCRC) strives for healthy, inclusive, vibrant and resilient communities in Western Ottawa. The enthusiasm and constant dedication of volunteers is an invaluable source of support to the WOCRC and its community. Volunteers work alongside paid staff to deliver programs and services to community members of all ages. Volunteers provide leadership, administrative support, Hands-on support, transportation support and much more.
“Hi, my name is Graham. I’ve been a volunteer for many years. I enjoy volunteering and find it very rewarding. I do hope that I can continue to do this for many more years. I find the staff very friendly and helpful.”
“It gives me a great pleasure to be one of the many dedicated volunteers at WOCRC, such a worthy organization dedicated to helping people in their time of need especially during the pandemic. We need to help as much as possible because one day we might be asking for their help.” Maha
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the WOCRC. In order to best match your skills and interests with the volunteer opportunities available at the WOCRC, you will be asked to complete the following:
- View our volunteer opportunities to see if something interests you.
- Complete the volunteer application form online at (http://bttr.im/awbls), this link will take you to the MyImpact Page of the Volunteer Software.
- You will be required to create a username and password to complete the application.
- Keep this username and password to access your volunteer file when you are placed within a program to track hours and complete specific training opportunities.
- Attend an interview with the Volunteer & Student Services Coordinator.
- Provide a copy of a current police records check.
- Complete all WOCRC required Trainings.
- Participate in training and orientation specific to your volunteer position.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirements:
Volunteers with WOCRC must provide one of the three following options:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine administration as per the following requirements:
(a) If the individual has only received the first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by the World Health Organization, proof that the first dose was administered and, as soon as reasonably possible, proof of administration of the second dose; or
(b) Proof of all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization.
- Written proof of a medical reason, provided by either a physician or nurse practitioner, that sets out both:
(a) that the person cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19; and
(b) the effective time period for the medical reason (i.e., permanent or time-limited).
- Proof that the individual has completed an educational program approved by WOCRC.
Employees (including staff, volunteers and students) who choose options 2 or 3 above, are required to perform rapid antigen testing at least 2 times per week in alignment with provincial guidance, and provide verification of negative test results as specified by WOCRC (e.g.,in person on the worksite, remotely via email or app). Frequency of testing may change at the direction of the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health.
The WOCRC complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07. As mandated by legislation, all staff and volunteers are required to complete training on accessible customer services.
For additional information, please contact the Volunteer & Student Services Coordinator at 613-591-3686 ext. 280.