The Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre is a not-for-profit organization that provides health and social services to communities in far west Ottawa.
Founded in 1986, the WOCRC has grown exponentially in terms of programs and services offered, staffing, volunteers and clients served.
Services the WOCRC offers include, but are not limited to:
- Helping parents learn to raise a more confident child;
- Organizing opportunities for seniors to interact socially;
- Offering individual short-term counselling to adults, youth and children;
- Providing information, resources and referrals to new Canadians;
- Providing services to assist seniors to live more independently and to stay in their home longer;
- Providing a safe home and support to women and their dependants who have experienced violence in the home;
- Offering teens a place to learn new skills and connect with their peers;
- Providing community development and health promotion services that focus on addressing and raising awareness of the social determinants of health such as income, poverty, education, transportation, environment, isolation and social exclusion.
Please visit our Programs and Services page to learn more.
Healthy, inclusive, vibrant and resilient communities in Western Ottawa.
The Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre promotes health, safety and wellness in our communities. We provide individuals and families with, and connect them to, community, social and health services across the region.
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07, the WOCRC is mandated to ensure that all staff and services are responding to the needs of clients with disabilities. Accessibility Standards apply to all people or organizations in Ontario that provide goods or services and have one or more employees. It affects private, non-profit and public sectors.
In order to ensure the WOCRC’s compliance with this legislation, all volunteers and staff have completed accessibility training.
Areas we serve
The WOCRC's catchment area is represented by the pink/purple section on the left of the map below:
In recognition of achieving established CCA standards for quality in governance, management and community support services.
Effective: August 13, 2018 to August 12, 2022
WOCRC Community Support Services are offered to residents with the following postal codes:
K2B, K2C, K2E, K2G, K2M, K2H, K2J, K2K, K2L, K2R, K2S, K2T, K2V, K0A 1L0, K0A 1T0, K0A 1X0, K0A 2H0, K0A 3M0, K2W, K7S
Find your CHRC
Find your community health and resource centre here by entering your address.