Information published on this website is provided for general information purposes only. While the Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre (WOCRC) endeavours to keep the information up to date and correct, we do not guarantee or warrant the quality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, appropriateness or suitability of the information provided. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will the WOCRC and/or its staff be liable for any damages, claims, liabilities, costs or obligations arising from the use or misuse of the material contained in this website, whether such obligations arise in contract, negligence, equity or statute law.
The WOCRC may provide links to external websites for your convenience. The links and information these sites contain are not monitored by us and those sites are subject to their own policies. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites, and we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of their information.
Linking to external websites does not necessarily imply that the WOCRC recommends or endorses the views expressed within them.
You can read our privacy statement here.
You can read our clients rights statement here.
The WOCRC recognizes that social media is an important tool for sharing information and connecting with our community. We maintain a social media presence to increase support, access and awareness about our programs, services and events, and engage our community in advocacy initiatives.
X – WOCRC: @WOCRC_CRCOO
X – Chrysalis House: @ChrysalisHouse1
Instagram – EarlyON / ON y va: @earlyonyva.wo
YouTube – EarlyON / ON y va: @earlyon-onyvawocrc-crcoo9368
The WOCRC supports open dialogue and exchange of ideas. We are committed to creating informative, welcoming and safe spaces for our clients, staff and communities. We welcome participation and comments on our social media and virtual platforms. Our online sites are governed by the general rules of respectful and civil discourse. Anyone commenting on these sites is fully responsible for what they post.
Nevertheless, the WOCRC may monitor any user-generated content and reserves the right to remove content for any reason whatever, without notice or consent. We do not verify the identity of participants. The following outlines the WOCRC’s expectations regarding social media use, and the situations in which the WOCRC may remove content:
- Discrimination: Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of age, language, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, ability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, income, geographical location or sexual orientation is unacceptable.
- Profanity: Profanity filters on our social media platforms are enabled where available. Furthermore, we may remove comments containing personal attacks of any kind, those we consider to be abusive, aggressive, vulgar, hateful, offensive, racist, threatening, defamatory, harassing or intolerant, or those using offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- Stay on Topic: We may remove content that is clearly off-topic.
- Phishing or Trolling: We may remove any content we consider to be phishing or trolling, or suspect was generated by fake accounts or bots.
- Spam: We may remove spam and content that promotes services or products, or that involves political campaigning or promotion.
- Unproven Claims: Serious or unproven claims / allegations, or statements encouraging illegal activity may be removed.
- Rights of Others: We may remove any content seemingly posted without permission, or appearing to be a copyright violation.
- In order to respect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not post any content that includes personal information (whether your own or someone else’s). We may remove content that includes names, home addresses, home or cell phone numbers, personal e-mail addresses, personal health details or any other personal identifying information.
Users who do not comply with these general standards of conduct may be blocked or muted without notice. Violations may also be reported. All removed content and blocked accounts are tracked and documented.
Follows and Likes
The WOCRC may follow or like social media accounts from its partners, stakeholders or other relevant sources. Please note that being followed or liked by the WOCRC does not imply endorsement of any kind.
The WOCRC updates and monitors its social media accounts during regular business hours. Comments from users outside of these times will be reviewed at the beginning of the following business day. Posts may be uploaded outside regular business hours under extraordinary circumstances or if managed by a post scheduler.
The WOCRC will endeavour to respond within one business day to all comments requiring a response. However, we encourage users requiring an immediate or urgent response to contact our Centre’s general information telephone line at 613-591-3686.