Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre (WOCRC) strives for healthy, inclusive, vibrant and resilient communities in Western Ottawa. WOCRC believes that the addition and support from students from various educational streams enhances our mission and vision.
We thank you for your interest in completing a practicum placement with the WOCRC. In order to best match your skills, interests and program goals with the placement opportunities available at the WOCRC, you will be asked to
- Complete the student application form online at the following link (http://bttr.im/ddrjw) – this link will take you to the MyImpact Page of the volunteer and student software.
- Create a username and password to complete the application
- Keep this username and password to access your student file after you are placed to track hours and complete specific training opportunities.
- Attend an interview with the selected team.
- Provide a current police records check, before starting placement.
- Complete all WOCRC required training.
- Participate in training and orientation specific to your placement position.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Placement opportunities are available in the programs listed here.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirements:
Students on a practicum placement with WOCRC must provide one of the three following options:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine administration as per the following requirements:
(a) If the individual has only received the first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by the World Health Organization, proof that the first dose was administered and, as soon as reasonably possible, proof of administration of the second dose; or
(b) Proof of all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization.
- Written proof of a medical reason, provided by either a physician or nurse practitioner, that sets out both:
(a) that the person cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19; and
(b) the effective time period for the medical reason (i.e., permanent or time-limited).
- Proof that the individual has completed an educational program approved by WOCRC.
Employees (including staff, volunteers and students) who choose options 2 or 3 above, are required to perform rapid antigen testing at least 2 times per week in alignment with provincial guidance, and provide verification of negative test results as specified by WOCRC (e.g.,in person on the worksite, remotely via email or app). Frequency of testing may change at the direction of the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health.
- Employees including staff, contractors (including staff on contract, and people employed by an employment agency or other third party), and volunteers and students who elect not to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination per 1 above, and rely on 2 or 3, are required to perform rapid antigen testing, at a frequency of not less than 1 times per week in alignment with provincial guidance, and provide verification of negative test results as specified by WOCRC (e.g., in person on the worksite, remotely via email or app). Frequency of testing may change at the direction of the OCMOH
The WOCRC complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07. As mandated by legislation, all staff and volunteers are required to complete training on accessible customer services.
For additional information, please contact the Volunteer & Student Services Coordinator at 613-591-3686 ext. 280.